In case you haven't seen BrewYork's post yet, I want to officially invite you on the most epic beer and gaming crawl of your life. If you've been reading for a while, you'll remember that back in December 2011, BrewYork and Beertography teamed up for a Barcade Crawl. At the time, it was to celebrate the opening of Barcade Philadelphia which was the third location to open. Flash forward to present day, and we have the FIFTH Barcade opening Thursday October 9th. Guess where we're going with this?
Yes, we're going to all five Barcades in one day. Let me just write that out one more time. We're going to ALL FIVE BARCADES in one day. Philadelphia, Jersey City, Chelsea, St. Mark's and Brooklyn - ALL via public transportation.
Thankfully, Chris of BrewYork really knows his public transportation and figured out our whole itinerary for the day:
- 9:00am: Meet at New York Penn Station by the NJ Transit ticket booths; purchase joint NJT/SEPTA ticket for 9:15 departure to Trenton/Philadelphia (don’t be late!)
- 11:45am: Arrive at 30th Street Station Philly; take Market-Frankford Line to Girard (three block walk to Barcade Phily)
- 12:00pm: Arrive at Barcade Philly! (Lunch available)
- 2:15pm: Leave Barcade Philly, take Market-Frankford Line to 30th Street Station
- 2:30pm: Arrive at 30th Street Station Philly; purchase joint NJT/SEPTA ticket for 2:49 departure to Newark Penn Station
- 5:15pm: Arrive at Newark Penn Station; take PATH to Grove St. (three block walk to Barcade Jersey City)
- 5:45pm: Arrive at Barcade Jersey City! (Dinner available)
- 7:15pm: Leave Barcade Jersey City; take PATH to 23rd St. (one block walk to Barcade New York)
- 7:45pm: Arrive at Barcade New York!
- 9:15pm: Leave Barcade New York, take N/R Trains to 8th St.-NYU (two block walk to Barcade St. Mark’s)
- 9:30pm: Arrive at Barcade St. Mark’s!
- 11:00pm: Leave Barcade St. Marks, take L Train to Lorimer St. (three block walk to Barcade Brooklyn)
- 11:30pm: Arrive at Barcade Brooklyn!
Yes, that's a long day. But it's going to be a lot of fun. It's all about staying hydrated, pacing yourself and enjoying the scenery. If you don't feel up to hitting all five locations, then by all means - meet us at any of them and come to as many as you can!